Building on Our Legacy: Family, Community & Economic Opportunity
As your La Mesa City Councilmember, my top three priorities will be:
Health & Wellness
In the City of La Mesa we are fortunate to have an amazing fire and police departments. It is our responsibility to make sure they are confident in knowing that they are supported in La Mesa because they put their lives on the line everyday to protect ours.
Public Safety is vital to the future of La Mesa because:
- our families, should be comfortable allowing their children to walk to school and our local parks on streets that have sidewalks.
- we should be able to enjoy our community and businesses without being concerned about crime.
- when families, children, business and the community feel safe, it increases economic opportunity in La Mesa.
La Mesa is a beautiful community. La Mesa can become the leading example on how housing affordability and community identity can successfully co-exist. Owning a home is achieving a part of the American dream, it is the reward for getting your education, obtaining that job and saving up money. Unfortunately, nowadays not everyone has been able to achieve that part of the American dream due to the lack of affordable housing.
Ensuring housing affordability in La Mesa will:
- create stable and strong communities.
- serve as an opportunity for those who work in our public safety departments to live within the City of La Mesa. This will improve our access to public safety and community relations.
- increase economic opportunity within La Mesa because we are more likely to support businesses that are close to where we live.
Health & Wellness
As a physician, having a healthy community that promotes the well-being of its residents is extremely important to me. I believe that La Mesa has the tools to be one of the healthiest cities in California.
To achieve this I support:
- the La Mesa Climate Action Plan. Implementing the Climate Action Plan will bring more jobs to La Mesa thus improving our economic opportunity.
- La Mesa becoming a smoke free zone in public places to ensure that our families and children are not exposed to secondhand smoke. This directly decreases our community members chances of developing medical conditions such as lung cancer, asthma and other respiratory diseases.
- the use of electric vehicles by installing more charging stations. This decreases our community’s exposure to air pollutants.